nvironment) is an action group based in the Parish of Adisham, active when there is a major threat to the countryside of our parish and to the rural character of our village.
We will campaign for the removal of the notorious 3,200 house ‘Community Garden Scheme’ (R1) from the draft Canterbury Local Plan. Our neighbouring parishes are also strongly opposed to the new town scheme and Adisham PC is coordinating the efforts of local parish councils. We will also support our neighbour Womenswold in its opposition to the 420-house (CCC says this is the ‘minimum’ number) estate to be shoe-horned into their parish (R20).
- Respond to the consultation.
- Encourage individuals to respond in their own words.
- Make a well-argued, rational case to the crucial Examination In Public (EiP) in late 2023 where CCC’s plan will be assessed for ‘soundness’ by an independent inspector appointed by the Secretary of State.
- Raise money to employ a specialist consultant/advocate to put our case to the inquiry and to cross examine CCC’s witnesses.
- Campaign throughout this period to persuade the public of our case and attempt to persuade CCC to drop its Adisham new town proposal (R1 in the plan) and the estate at Womenswold (R20).